If you have a specific query, would like assistance using the site, or would like to provide general feedback on the National Public Toilet Map, please use our feedback tab on the left of every page. This information is collated and reviewed on a regular basis, and is used to identify future areas of improvement.
If you have questions about continence management and related issues, please contact the National Continence Helpline on 1800 330 066, or view our continence links.
The Toilet Map Helpline provides assistance to users of the National Public Toilet Map.
The Helpline is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm (AEST [UTC+10] and AEDT [UTC+11]), excluding national public holidays. You can leave a message outside these hours, and we will send a reply on the next business day.
You can contact the Helpline by:
- Using the Feedback tab on the left of every page
- Sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephoning us on Tollfree* 1800 990 646 from within Australia or from outside Australia, call +61 3 6211 3230.
National Relay Service
People with a hearing, speech or communication impairment and with access to a Teletypewriter (TTY) or a computer with modem can communicate with the Toilet Map Helpline via the National Relay Service:
- Tollfree* 1800 555 677. Ask to be connected to 1800 990 646.
People with a speech or communication impairment can also communicate with the Helpline via the National Relay Service using speech to speech relay:
- Tollfree* 1800 555 727. Ask to be connected to 1800 990 646.
* a free call from most fixed phones in Australia.
Translating and Interpreting Service
People who do not speak English can access the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) from anywhere in Australia:
- Call 13 1450*. Ask to be connected to 1800 990 646.
* for the cost of a local call; only available within Australia.
For any questions relating to the project, please email email@example.com.